Monday 3 May 2010

Billy (the) Piper - part ten

A little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing! Since the last update I have realised that the Black Watch, the 42nd Highland regiment have a number of uniform details that differ from my painted Billy (the) Piper figure. My choice was to continue and leave the miniature in the 'wrong' colours or change the details - well at least some of them.

I choose to change the details! The Hackle is now all red, the Sporran is now white with black detail rather than black with white detail and I have painted the number '42' on to the water bottle.



I have also glued the miniature to a small round display base (more on this in the next post). You should also see that I have still to paint the metallic areas, I'm waiting until the gloss varnishing is done before painting the metallic areas.

Tony

I've already written that a piper in the 42nd Highlanders (The Black Watch) would have had a red based tartan and not the Blue/Green one shown. For this model, I've left it as the standard (Gordon) tartan rather than change it as I think the Blue/Green tartan looks better!

No comments: