Saturday 4 September 2010

Toy Soldiers from Belgium

Over the Summer holidays, my daughter and her boyfriend visited Belgium, a music festival. Holly brought back a load of photos of beautiful Belgian buildings and these snaps of traditional toy soldiers that were for sale in a cafe they visited.

The first three show Napoleons Generals, while the fourth (and my favourite) shows a Baker selling his wares from a market cart. I really like this comic figure and have already been making sketches and thinking about building a 28mm version to go with my Flintloque collection.




The images of the buildings have already been filed away, with an intention of building a section of walling to display and take photos of my figures, more to follow - in fact this may be my Christmas 2010 project. I'll keep you all informed.

Thank you Holly and Mark, I really appreciated the images.

Tony

No comments: