Friday 17 September 2010

Planned Releases from Grand Manner

Regular readers and followers will know that I produce some of the 'Masters' for the UK based wargame terrain company Grand Manner Over the last six months I have been working on three main projects, they are;
Ancient Greeks
European Napoleonic Buildings and
Medieval/ECW

While working on these models I find it better to not Blog about them or upload photos but wait until the resin models are available for sale, for example the Medieval Town Buildings and the new Greek Temple. However Dave at GM now has a whole load of finished masters that are planned to be moulded and cast over the next couple of months and in time for Crisis (Antwerp). He has added to his main Grand Manner Web pages a new section called New and on the Workbench, see; Link where you are able to see raw masters prior to casting and register your interest in purchasing.

These three photos are my images of the original models, a Greek Ship based on the Argo.

A Prussian Barn

And a model of a Wealdon House (with thatched roof)

Please check out the new section - there are three pages of new models and even more to come!

I am sure that as we progress, further new models and even 'work-in-progress' shots will be added to the site.

Tony

7 comments:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

I really love the Argo ship! But I haven't got any greeks :p Any information about the possible price?

SteelonSand said...

Excellent stuff, as usual, particularly the Argo....although doesn't it need a talking figurehead? :-)

Tony said...

Sorry but no info. on pricing yet. I am sure the details will be up on the GM site soon and the more interest the better.

I am not sure about a talking figurehead as one of the Ancient Greek books I have states that part of the hull was built from a sacred tree that talked to Jason, there was no mention of the famous talking figure head as see in the film. In addition I based the ship on an illustration in a reference book so it could be used for non-Jason adventures, I have to thank many people for help in gathering the reference for this ship - I wanted a more 'natural' hull shape, more fish shape and curved, rather than some of the 'slab sided' model ships I have seen so far.

Tony

Tony said...

Earlier today, I was dropping off yet another finished building (wait for it) and saw Dave in the middle of producing the moulds for most of the models featured. I would expect them to be ready very soon

Still no hint of pricing - but you are better off hounding Dave rather than me for this info.

Tony

painterman said...

Tony
These look great, love the new models and the merchants house is truly excellent, is it based on the Avoncroft Museum one?
Pity I'd not known about a thatched version of the windmill, as its more in keeping with medieval period; is Dave likley to have seperate roof castings that i could purchase for mine, do you know?
Cheers
Simon.

Tony said...

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the kind comments. The Merchants House is in fact based on the re-built Merchants House at Avoncroft, a 99% accurate reproduction that includes all of the internal detailing and even some of the flaws (broken and repaired sections) - in addition it is scaled so that the Medieval Town Buildings will work alongside it so it can be built as original - a corner house to a row of shops.

The thatch roof is unique to the revised windmill casting and although it could be modified, is in fact built to fit a new body (I know it looks the same - but there are many differences), If you are interested, I am sure Dave would sell you the thatch roof, just be aware that there will be some work to do to get it to fit

A better solution would be to purchase the body and thatch roof casting (once again I think Dave at GM would be OK with this) you would then have two complete bodies which could be swapped, just remember you will also need the windmill sail axle as well!

Tony

Tony said...

Hi Simon,

I've just spoken to Dave at GM and he's fine with you contacting him about purchasing roof and body only, give him a ring of e-mail him

Tony