Thursday 16 September 2010

Quick Tips from Bryan Fosten

At Colours last weekend, I picked up a load of older magazines, in particular a batch of Modelworld which I have really enjoyed reading.

This particular tip was featured in Volume 1, Number 12 from August 1973 and I have reproduced it here as I am always looking at ways to hold work-in-progress miniatures, both during conversion and painting. I quite like the wooden holder featured towards the right of this sketch.

I have in the past tried to use various figure holders, both home-made and professional - In the main I usually revert back to a blob of Blutack on top of old or existing paint pots!

It would be interesting to read how others manage!

Tony

3 comments:

Andyroo said...

I use bluetac on the top of 35mm film canisters but I now find my hands cramp up after a couple of hours so need a wider base.

I have been toying with the idea of tongue depressors or lollypop sticks but the ones I have found to date are too thin to hold on to (standard lolly pop size)

Andrew
www.blog.kings-sleep.me.uk

Reinwood99 said...

These various systems look like “Enhanced Interrogation Techniques”!

Seriously though, I find that the nail one works best for me. I even have a piece of cut wood with holes drilled in it, so that I may place the nails in the holes. This allows me to move from one miniature to another without removing the miniature from the nail until I’m almost finished.

Jason
http://reinwood99.blogspot.com/

Sumatran Rat Monkey said...

I white glue figures onto the tops of empty paint pots, winecorks, soda bottle caps, and anything else of similar shape.