Thursday 24 April 2008

Flash Gordon - Leaper Demon

This particlular miniature is a Leaper Demon from Grim Reaper Castings that I picked up from Spirit Games in Burton on Trent, Staffordshire.

I first saw the miniature in an on-line catalogue and knew that I wanted it, many months later and after a number of telephone calls, I was pleased to pick it up from Spirit Games, thank you.

The miniature came in six pieces - base, main body, two legs and two arms. I had to bend the legs and alter the stance so it would fit on the 50mm round base.

The miniature is painted with acrylics, a sombre colour scheme of grey with small spashes of colour.

Althought the creature is quite fearsome, it always reminds me of the caterpillar in the Lewis Carrol book 'Alice in Wonderland'. In my alternative Flash Gordon Universe, I could picture it offering sage advice to space travellers!

Tony

No comments: