Friday 3 August 2018

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Adding Clutter part three


Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.


In a series of clutter themed posts which are planned to run throughout August I will demonstrate what materials I have used to model such items and how I have painted these various pieces of 'clutter' which will at some stage be added to the finished layout.


Another day, another update. A couple more Schweppes wooden boxes painted in a slightly fresher wood colour, a wooden packing case which is a plastic model from Reaper Bones and originally intended for 1/56th wargame figures which was painted in the same colour. Then an oil can modelled from a section of knitting needle, some plastic rod and a piece of metal foil for the handle painted blue and varnished with gloss varnish. Finally, a resin oil drum that was sculpted by me and then cast in resin by Hysterical Games. I painted it grey with a darker wash before varnishing.

Details of the resin oil drum and how it was made can be found here.

Tony

No comments: