Wednesday 8 August 2018

An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - Adding Clutter part eight


Regular followers of this Blog will know that I have been working on an industrial narrow gauge railway layout built to 1:27.7 scale or 11mm = 1 foot. The choice of such an unusual scale has meant that much if not all items needed for the layout have had to be heavily modified and/or converted from existing models, completely 'scratch built' or sculpted by me.


In a series of clutter themed posts which are planned to run throughout August I will demonstrate what materials I have used to model such items and how I have painted these various pieces of 'clutter' which will at some stage be added to the finished layout.


This latest update shows some more additions. Firsts, we have scaffolding poles; cut from 1.5mm plastic rod with the ends drilled out. I chose 10 foot long poles, but I am aware that these poles came in different lengths. They are painted in various rust/metallic colours and matt varnished.

The large metal pipe is a section of spare pen barrel which has also been painted in rust colours and matt varnished.

The additional pieces of clutter are; a wooden barrel (actually one of the cast resin barrels that I sculpted and have spoken about in earlier posts). Then there is a another enamel container (another item sculpted by me and available as a resin cast) it was painted white and gloss varnished. The small pot is a modified pen top with a florist wire  handle while the re-railing ramp was made from plastic card and follows a design I found on the Internet.

Details of the wooden barrel and enamel pot can be found here.

Tony

No comments: