Photo Three - I used a resin cast hull that was left over from an earlier modelling project. The red hull is cast in cheap car repair resin.
Photo Four - The same resin casting, with a built-up hull. I used layers of 3mm thick plastic card, superglued together and than trimmed and sanded to shape.
Photo Five - As above, but showing the hull shape in greater detail. The wheel-house is situated to the side, again built from plastic card.
Photo Seven - The construction finished, plastic card and rod detailing, a plastic ladder strip and yellow sticky-back labels for hull and surface detail.
Overall the model has taken about three hours from start to finish. I will undercoat with spray paint and brush paint the detail. See part two - coming soon.