While tidying the garage, I came across this coffee table top. I'd already started work on the exposed edges, but this had long ago become one of those started but never finished projects. In fact I had started using it as a base for spray painting.
I thought it was time I did something with it
I grabbed a piece of expanded polystyrene and trimmed it to shape, then using some scrap wood, I lined the edges. At this time it was all very rough and ready - just scrap materials I had lying about, some glue and a couple of nails.
The polystyrene was covered with some paper mache and ready-mixed filler to which I had added both PVA glue and acrylic paint.
The temple base was built from an off cut of blue foam and plaster castings of cut stone that I had been given many years ago. I used my hot glue gun for most of the basis construction and set the temple base at an angle to give more interest to the composition.
So far ALL of t he materials used were lying about and spare. I thought it would be interesting if I could continue with this theme and see just how far I could go, building this display board using materials I had to hand.
Construction time so far - about three hours.
More updated to come.