Thursday 31 March 2022

THE WAR IN UKRAINE


The war in Ukraine is now entering its second month of fighting and although I am reading that the Russian forces are starting to retreat and there are signs of a cease fire, I feel it is time that I commented on this atrocious war - an act of blatant aggression by Russia against the people of Ukraine.

My thoughts are with the free people of Ukraine and I hope that this is the beginning of the end of this terrible war.

I stand with the people of Ukraine.

Tony

3 comments:

Tony said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot99iv7SMEg

Simon said...

Well said!

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Sadly this invasion was inevitable.The rhetoric from Putin has been ramping up for several years and the weakness shown by Europe and the USA encouraged Putin. You really have to wonder at the policies instigated in Germany re their fuel security and effectively reducing their armed forces budget to virtually nil. Given the dealings of ex Chancellor Schroeder and Merkel
with Putin we shouldnt be surprised that Putin thought he could do what he wanted.One has to admire the Ukrainian people for their response to the invasion. Unfortunately I dont think there will be a ceasefire unless it suits the Russians so they can reorganise their armies.Even then I can see there being a constant conflict in the Donbas region for years unless Putin disappears or is removed, which looks unlikely.