Thursday 13 February 2020

New Hot Wire Foam Cutter/Cutters



I have recently treated myself to a couple of new tools. Two hot wire foam cutters, the first a hot wire table with additional guide tools and the second a hand-held model with inter-changeable tips or blades.

Both will be needed for a current modelling commission that I am working on (details will be posted on the Blog once I have more information). I am looking forward to playing with these new toys.


My initial plan was to build my own and I have read and watched many You Tube tutorials on building similar tools. However in the end, I thought it was better to purchase a new model/models. Both were purchased via e-bay.

Tony

3 comments:

Bluewillow said...

Nice addition, thinking about getting a desktop myself, what make is that one?

Cheers
Matt

mattblackgod said...

Nice, they look useful. Have fun.

Tony said...

"Nice addition, thinking about getting a desktop myself, what make is that one?"

Here are the e-bay details.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOT-WIRE-FOAM-CUTTER-FOR-CUTTING-POLYSTYRENE-DEPRON-EPP/253160438428?hash=item3af189ba9c:g:fMEAAOSw6VteNv-E

I've still to try my model as I've been away for the last couple of days.

Tony