Monday 13 March 2023

Alumwell Wargames or WMMS


Yesterday I drove up to Wolverhampton and to the West Midlands Military Show at the Aldersley Village Sports Centre. This is the first time in some years that I have attended - what with Covid and cancellations. I had a pocket full of spending money and was particularly looking for something to rekindle my MOJO as I've not really done that much modelling or figure painting since before Christmas.

As usual the show was a great success and I really enjoyed the thrill of my first wargame show in over two or is that three years! For anyone not familiar with this show, it is a modelling and wargaming and reenactment show - so something for everyone - I even spotted a couple of railway themed displays.

I came away with a single blister of miniatures, lots of much needed paints and a MDF building (more on this is future updates). In addition, I picked up some second hand magazines which I have already started to read and enjoy.

Below I have posted a selection of images taken at the show - I didn't take as many as usual and I was not there for long and the time I was there was mainly spent catching up with old friends.












A great day out and I can confirm that my MOJO is back.

Tony

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you been doing in your shed then, you spend a lot of time there? X

Tony said...

Here is another report of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU54Xft34H0

Tony