I have started to wire the layout and added a RELCO unit which I had spare from an earlier project. The RELCO is fitted with a cut-off switch which will be accessible from the rear of the layout.
In addition, I have added a strip of wood and some more 3mm thick plastic card to the top of the back scene as I felt it was a little too short.
So far most of the construction and parts have come from discounted kitchen doors, spare equipment (from an earlier layout) and my spares box. The cost so far has been minimal.
Construction has been a little slower than I would have liked, but at least it is moving forward.