Monday, 14 September 2026

Christmas 2025 Project - update #4


The basic roof has been built from some scrap card (backing card from a sketch book) with the holes for the pit supports cut out. Once again I have raised the footings of the supports by slotting in a snap-off knife blade container. The large opening to the rear of the roof is for the roof cupola where the pit winding gear will enter the structure.


I have cut a piece of balsawood to the same height as the yellow blade container and glued this to the inside to act as a support for the diagonal posts that run inside the building.

At this point the roof has NOT been glued down as I still need to paint the interior.

Tony

3 comments:

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Very nice indeed.

Tim said...

Looks good. Are you having a tiled/shingled roof?

Tony said...

The plan is to have a corrugated iron roof. I have already started work on the individual sheets of rusted metal.