Monday, 7 September 2026

Christmas 2025 Project - update #2


The main building has been built over a foamboard core (a used advertising sign) with balsawood cladding glued in place with a mixture of superglue and PVA. I have started adding the wooden battens to the front these were cut from thin wood salvaged from a fruit packing crate cut into thin strips.

The small window on the lean-to was cut from a cheap plastic toy and glued in place with superglue. Once again, I have included this 1:27.7 scale figure to give an idea of the size of this model.

Tony

2 comments:

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

That look great so far.

Heisler said...

Battens are always fun. I was looking at a picture of a saloon in Salina CO, circa 1895 and I don't think a single batten was the same width and some of them were almost as wide as the siding itself! Looking good!