Following on from the Worcestershire Model Expo that Sue and I attended with our two grandsons earlier this week I wanted to post these images of the Braunton Scale Model Club display table. The bulk of the models shown are large scale scratch built models by Simon Orrell who was kind enough to spend some time with me passing on hints and tips as to the construction materials and techniques he uses.
His models were of real interest to me as his style and modelling skills are similar to those that I use when working on my narrow gauge railway layouts. We discussed how he (like me) enjoys using different materials to construct his models - materials that would not be obvious choices but just work - like the use of a McDonald's sauce tub to model a stainless steel sink!
I also like his use of 'clutter' something that I also love to include on my layouts.
The final two images were taken from the internet - mainly from the Braunton Scale Model Club Instagram account/page.
I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did and finally, a big thank you to Simon for his time and advice it was very much appreciated.
Tony



No comments:
Post a Comment