Friday, 18 September 2026

Christmas 2025 Project -update #6


I choose to paint the building in a traditional Bauxite Red colour as seen on the original ThunderMesa site. I consulted the internet about the exact colour and found out that American barns were painted in a mixture of cheap homemade paint or sealant made from linseed oil and red rust to protect the timbers. I mixed my red from red and Linen with a touch of brown Craft Paints and tried to vary the colour across the walls with a slightly darker colour to the base of the walls and lighter to the upper edges. The interior has also been given a coat of red, two coats in fact and although very little will be seen, I have highlighted what little detail there is on the inside with a light drybrush.

The door surrounds were painted in a light cream (white was far to stark) but even this was latter toned down with a light brown wash.


Tony

No comments: