Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Christmas 2025 Project - update #5


I thought I would use this post to give more details of the inspiration for this building.

The project had stalled and for some time I didn't really know where I wanted to go with this build. Then I saw a post by ThunderMesa Trains from YouTube showing the construction of a new limited edition kit - The Gold Tooth Mine. For full details see;




And 


In addition I have also used images that we took at Disneyland Paris earlier this year.





There are many other ThunderMesa YouTube posts worth watching, such as these;


And


My 1:27.7 (11mm = 1 foot) scale scratch built model is a combination of all of the above using mainly scrap materials I have stored in my shed-at-the-bottom-of-the-garden and as such will be totally unique.

I would hope that you enjoy watching these truly inspirational videos and that they inspire you to build a model railway layout or stand alone mine as well.

Tony

No comments: