Sunday, 13 September 2026

Modelling Thatch from DAS Modelling Clay - Miniature Wargames issue 522


The latest issue of Miniature Wargames (issue 522 from October 2026) features another article written by me and showing how I built a small 28mm scale A Frame Hovel for use on the wargame table. However the real reason for the article was to show in greater detail how I use DAS modelling clay to portray thatch. For more information you can pick up the magazine from your local newsagent or gaming store.


I believe that DAS can produce thatch with both 'body' and texture as can be seen in these images and although there are simpler techniques for example scouring pads or teddy bear fur I prefer DAS to any other material as it allow you to build such a wide variety of different style of thatch.


I would be interested to hear how you produce your own modelled thatch.

Tony

No comments: