Friday 27 April 2012

Salute 2012, My Thoughts - part two

Regular readers/followers will know that I enjoy building wargame terrain. In fact I think I enjoy this modelling part of the hobby even more that painting miniatures and much more than gaming! "Now that is an admission". At this years Salute I took a whole load of photos of different terrain pieces in the hope that they would inspire me. Here are just some.

Photos One and Two were scratch-built, Mordheim inspired buildings from Oshiro. A company and model maker that I really admire.



Photo Three - This beautifully modelled forge had obviously been painted using an airbrush - something that I keep meaning to try.



Photo Five - A simple kit on a beautiful modelled terrain board. Plastic gravestones from Renedra.



Photo Seven - There were a number of gaming boards that featured Twighlight figures - this was one.





Photos Eleven and Twelve - Feature this absolutely fantastic resin model of a traditional wooden-built Russian Church. Built to 15mm scale and available from Total Battle this was the ONE building that I saw that truly made me stop and go WOW. If there is anyone out there who would like to commission me to build this model in 28mm (or even 40mm) I would love to hear from you.



My Thoughts - part two. Mainly terrain and individual buildings that I thought were worth commenting on. I hope that you agree.

Tony

5 comments:

Schrumpfkopf said...

There certainly was a good amount of excellent terrain. I was quite taken with the 2 napoleonic games/displays.

Anibal Invictus said...

There were some impressive displays like the Corunna Battle, but your photos are indisputable

Ubique Matt said...

As my nan would say, "Those Russians are crazy!". Great looking terrain pieces. I feel like making sonething myself now.

Regards,
Matt

Pablo El Marques said...

I love what you chose for inspiration. Thanks you very much for sharing ;-)

Tea in Thailand said...

Wow...no wonder you had such a good time at Salute, those look amazing! xx