Saturday 16 May 2020

The Chapel at Rofenburg - part fifteen



At long last the model can now be viewed as finished.....

The image above shows the finished model with a Flintloque Trollkin alongside to give an idea of scale.


The woodwork has been checked and touched up, the roof tiles have had additional streaks and detailing added while the roof supports have some added grain-effect painted on with a very fine brush. Smaller details have been touched-in, again with a very fine brush.

I have varnished the whole model with some Galleria Matt Varnish and as this slightly tinted the whitewashed walls, I have given the walls a further extreme highlight of Titanium White. This was added with a large brush and in a blotchy or scrubbing motion.

The base has been decorated with died sawdust around the edges (to match in with my existing gaming table) and I have glued down some clumps of nylon grass and static grass clumps. Finally there are a couple of larger clumps of ground foam vegetation all glued down with PVA glue.



As stated earlier this is not a slavish copy of the original Chapel, rather a smaller, more compact model for use on my gaming table. The style being Middle European to Eastern European could fit in with many periods and genres. It was a simple model to make, but is still packed full of character.


I am well aware that this 'how-to' tutorial was originally published in Miniature Wargames some time ago, however these images and extended descriptions would hopefully add some information to the original article. Should anyone have any questions about how I build my terrain models or paint them, please comment below.

Finally; I would usually state the dimensions of the model, but in this case I cannot as I neglected to take any measurements and the Chapel was sold-on some time ago via e-bay. I would estimate the footprint of the building to be around 120mm x 120mm.

Stay safe and

Keep Calm and carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: