Thursday 20 January 2022

Flintloque/Silver Bayonet cross over - part twenty four


Living Armour for The Silver Bayonet

Regular readers of the blog will be well aware that the new game from Osprey Games - The Silver Bayonet written by Joseph McCullough has been a major inspiration to me, allowing me to re-visit my collection of painted and un-painted Flintloque miniatures and search through my 'bits box' for suitable 'stand-in' minis to use in the game.

This plastic toy figure was bought in Bangkok over ten years ago and had been relegated to the bottom of my 'bits-box' destined to never see the light of day again. That is until I started searching for a suitable miniature to use as Living Armour.

The plastic kit is similar to the small clip-together models which can sometimes be found in Kinder Eggs. In this case a five piece kit moulded in silver.

I mounted the model onto a pre-decimalisation penny and built up the base with Milliput before painting, washing and varnishing the figure. The final image shows the Living Armour alongside a Flintloque RifleOrc. The Living Armour model is 50mm tall (head to toe).


Prior to choosing this base model to represent my Living Armour, I had looked at a number of metal and plastic figures, but nothing inspired me. This Anime style figure had been bought with the intention of painting it as a stone statue (many years ago) but I think it works perfectly as a 'stand-in' Living Armour proxy.

Finally, I should add that I chose today's post from a selection of about five finished Silver Bayonet painted and based figures as I wanted to show something completely different from the normal knight in armour figures that are usually used in SB. I hope you like it.

Tony

No comments: