Sunday 7 June 2020

Scalextric/Gaslands - part five



While I wait for the new tyres to be fitted I started to clean up the rusted Scalextrix track. I used my Dremel with a wire brush and some sanding sponges (cut down to fit the metal parts of the track) to clean and polish the pick up areas. They now look a lot better.....


However that was not enough for me and after searching tutorials on You Tube, I decided to paint my plastic track to resemble the Gaslands road sections seen in the game by Osprey Publishing.

The grey tarmac areas were sponged with two different acrylic paint greys and the road markings were stippled on (via a home made stencil) while the cracks were painted with a fine brush and based on the images/tutorials found on the internet.



The final image shows the Porsche interceptor on the newly painted track.


Hopefully, there will be more posts very soon, but for now. Stay safe and

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: