Thursday 4 June 2020

Scalextric/Gaslands - part three



Prior to applying any decals, I gloss varnishes the whole model with a diluted Klear (Future) mix which was ghosted on with my Paasche H model airbrush.

The decals were a selection of items from my ever-dwindling supply. There are decals from Games Workshop, aircraft decals and even a few from a racing car model. They were all applied with Microset decal solution and went on without issue although the decaling did take some time.


I think the application of decals has helped to 'liven-up' the model and give it a more 'realistic' appearance. I still need to add the canopy (which is soaking in a bath of Klear floor polish) and the driver.

The next post should be along soon, for now stay safe and

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling.

Tony

1 comment:

Doug said...

Lovely colour on that blue, and I agree, the decals really lift it. Looking forward to seeing this one finished. I hope you used a ton of 'No Step' decals as the body on those was essentially a carbonate shell.