Wednesday 13 January 2021

Flintloque Line Infantry - part six

It is rare for me to paint any miniature without starting with the face or flesh areas first and these eight Flintloque Orcs are no exception. I built up the flesh areas over a Leather Brown base and highlighted with Pale Flesh and then a Pale Flesh/White mix before washing the areas with a diluted Flesh wash. I used the blue-topped Flesh wash from Games Workshop (these are now very old and difficult to get hold of, but I still think they are some of the best Flesh washes you can get).

Prior to taking these photographs, I have 'tidied-up' the dark brown/black areas with a fine sable brush. Notice how I have allowed the dark brown areas to show through in the recesses and shadows.


Stay safe.

Tony

1 comment:

DAVID KNIGHT said...

Brilliant I always learn so much when I read blogs