Friday 9 April 2010

Flintloque Dwarf Uhlans - finished

My latest regiment, the Flintloque Dwarf Uhlans are now varnished and based. For those who have followed this on-line build, you will know that the miniatures are converted Alternative Armies/Flintloque Krautian Guard (52502), modeled as dismounted Uhlans and not based on any actual regiment, but instead are a mix of Internet and Google searches for suiltable uniform colours and facings.

The final stages of painting include, painting the bases, GW Snakebite Leather, highlighted with Snakebite Leather and White, the individual stones are painted in various Grey's and highlighted with White. Additional detail painting included some Flesh highlights, a touch of Blood Red to the pompoms and small touches to the flag.

The miniatures were first varnished with Ronseal Hard Glaze and when dry I painted on three coats of water based Matt Varnish before adding the static grass.


I have so far not written any background to this, my latest Dwarf Sauerkraut Wars Regiment, but will have to come up with a story as to how they lost their mounts and found their huge blunderbusses!

Overall, I am very pleased with this cheap e-bay purchase, they have taken a little longer than I would have planned, but as I am in no hurry, I don't worry too much. Finally, I think the pale grey uniform colour actually works better than the 'official' dark blue/black uniform recommendation and the 'plum red' flag adds a great deal of welcome 'colour' to the finished group. I hope you agree.

Tony

2 comments:

Rob Alderman said...

Yeah, they look excellent Tony. Great to see them all together. The flag is particularly humourous as FLQ should be!!!

Rob

The Barking Editor said...

Hello Tony,

Lovely work. Very much personalised as all your pieces are.

Great to see them finished.

Regards,

Gavin.