Photos Two, Three and Four - Broken cork (from a wine cork) was first sliced and then broken up before being glued into place at the front and then the back of the miniature.
Photos Five and Six - The groundwork was then built up with Milliput (Fine White) keeping the broken edges of the cork free. I use a spear-shaped sculpting tool, keeping it moist to avoid 'pulling' the Milliput.
Photo Seven - The feet of this particular robot were rather short or club-footed. I have built up the soles of the feet with more Milliput. At a later date I will build up the foot to extend forward.
You can also see that I used Green Stuff to blend in the neck of the Sky Elf to the chest of the robot.
I have used slips and slivers of plastic card and plastic rod to add surface detail to the armoured suit. these were superglued into place.
This months On-line build has been moving forward at a 'snails pace'. I am never-the-less confident that I will be able to finish it before the end of March.
More to come.