Saturday, 5 July 2014

My Finklestein Regiment - part two

Regular readers and followers will be very familiar with my processes for modelling, basing and undercoating figures. I like to customise my figures, add small details and uniform modifications with Green Stuff before basing them.

In this first image, the main feature will be the HUGE feather on top of each of the Shako's. These were modelled over a small piece of paper-clip wire glued into a pre-drilled hole in the Shako. I built up the Green Stuff over a small drop of superglue and textured the feathers with a scalpel.

Photo Two - After basing on 2p coins, I build up the groundwork with Milliput two part epoxy. In this example I have used Fine White Milliput.

Photo Three - The groundwork has been further textured with sieved stones and sand applied over dilute uPVA glue.

Photo Four - The eight Dwarves have been painted Black. I have used a 'rattle spray can' then touched up any missed parts with Chaos Black from Games Workshop.

I know that this image does not show that much, but in terms of preparation this is one of the most important steps in my painting process.

In my next instalment, I will start the painting proper.


No comments: