Tuesday 7 April 2020

Flintloque Regiment Lowland Dwarves - part five



At long last some paint.....

Image one (above) shows all eight models undercoated in a very dark brown colour which was mixed from Charred Brown (Vallejo) and black. the dark brown was brush painted over a Tamiya grey undercoat/primer 'rattle can'. Not much to see.

Image two (below) I have painted all of the exposed flesh areas over a Snakebite Leather (Games Workshop) base which was highlighted with a Snakebite and white mix. I used a pair of brushes - a Rosemary & Co Sable/synthetic mix brush (401 number 3 long handle) and a GW starter brush (which has a very fine tip). I also used my home-made Wet Palette, something that I have been experimenting with for some time.


Image three (below) is a close-up of just four of the Dwarves to show my preferred method of painting these 'chunky' Alternative Armies figures which allows the dark basecoat to show through in the shadows. I should also point out that the flesh areas have also been lightly 'washed' with the old (blue topped GW) Flesh wash and tidied up with the dark brown mix.


I should be posting more very soon. I hope you like the first colours.

Stay safe

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: