Sunday 12 April 2020

The Chapel at Rofenburg - part seven



The individual tiles were cut from an old cardboard shoe box. Each tile is 6mm wide x 20mm long and they were glued in place one-by-one with PVA glue. It's a boring job but I am yet to find a better method of tiling roofs. I would recommend doing what I do and cut out more tiles than you require before starting then settle down to watch something on TV while you tile the roof.


You should also be able to see where I have added formers or rafters to the ends of the half-hipped roof form before tiling the upper section. The roof ridge was modelled from the same white cardboard.


At this stage - the roof in NOT attached to the chapel.



There is still a lot to do to the roof, but for now I am pleased with the outcome.

Happy Easter and stay safe.

Keep Calm and Carry On Modelling

Tony

No comments: