Friday 8 April 2022

The Shrine, The Statue and The Monolith - Miniature Wargames issue 469

Issue 469 (May 2022) of Miniature Wargames has another terrain making article written by me - this time showing how I built and painted three free-standing pieces for the wargame table, A Stone Shrine suitable for Fantasy gaming, a Statue and a more modern Block Monolith. The inspiration came from a number of e-mails between John Treadaway (Editor of MW) and myself where John had suggested a series of smaller and free-standing models I could build for the magazine. Instead of three separate tutorials, I produced a single magazine article showing how I built and painted all three. For full details, see the magazine.

The three models are - this Stone Shrine built from a block of florist's cork bark and detailed with various bits and pieces found in my 'bits box' then painted with acrylics.

Next is this statue which uses a plastic figure from a Pirates of the Caribbean play set mounted on a scratch built plinth.

Finally, we have a plain Block Monolith modelled at a slight tilt and painted with techniques found on the internet.

All three can be found in the latest issue of Miniature Wargames - issue 469.


Tony

No comments: