Monday 17 July 2023

Fireless Narrow Gauge Engine - part four

I've now started to add some detail to the model. The buffers, which I think were made from wood and leather were modelled from some black plastic tubing and and red knitting needles while the larger buffer beams were made from more plastic card.

The cab window frames are made from plastic card and you can also see where I have added some in cab detailing.

The final image for this update is of the engine side-on and shows how I have used the illustration/illustrations from Narrow Gauge Railways - Two Feet and Under as inspiration for the model.

 
The mechanism, cab and boiler are still separate pieces and my intention is to have some small screws screwed in to the Hornby chassis to hold them in place once the model is finished.

Tony