Wednesday 12 July 2023

Fireless Narrow Gauge Engine - part two

Following on from my earlier post, I have been busy modelling the narrow gauge fireless locomotive using scraps and plastic card on a modified Hornby 'Smokey Joe' 0-4-0 mechanism.

During construction I have kept the chassis, cab and boiler separate which should aid painting when the time comes.

The boiler/steam container is built from three plastic, screw-top pill containers glued together, which was then cut to shape and detailed with more plastic card.

The cab was built from plastic card and needed to be modified to get the correct ride height.


I'll post updates as and when I can, but for now, I at least have something that resembles my initial sketch.

Tony

1 comment:

Codsticker said...

I really like following your plastic scratch builds- very neat projects.