Saturday 15 July 2023

The Ruined Chapel - Miniature Wargames August 2023

The latest issue of Miniature Wargames (issue 484 - August 2023) has the first part of a two part series in which I show how I scratch built and then painted a Ruined Chapel for my Flintloque/Silver Bayonet crossover project. The August issue describes in detail how I built the ruin from plywood, foam and egg box card, with DAS modelling clay and Hirst castings added for additional interest.


The plastic window and Hirst plaster castings were picked up from Worcester Wargames (see https://www.facebook.com/worcesterwargamesshop/). In part two (September issue) I will show how I painted the red sandstone walls and added scenic decoration to the base.

For more details of the contents of the August issue, see this link.


Tony

1 comment:

(Kym) + Warburton + (Classic40K) said...

Very nice Tony - I'll look forward to reading the article and having a go at something similar.