Saturday 10 October 2015

Scale Model World 2015 - just one month to go



Tearing myself away from everything Panzerfauste, (I've been following the Kickstarter with real excitement). I have included this short post to remind everyone of the world's greatest and largest model making show - Scale Model World, the IPMS (International Plastic Modellers Society) annual model making exhibition and show.

The exhibition takes over the Telford International Centre for the weekend of the 7th and 8th of November and fills the three main halls with hundreds of exhibitors and traders as well as competitions and displays. There will be exhibitors from all over the world, this is a real 'Mecca for model makers'.

I missed last year, but had been a regular attendee for the previous ten years and the year I missed I really missed!

Full details of the show can be found here.

For anyone who has attended in the past, you know what to expect, but for anyone who is new to the IPMS or Scale Model World; Imagine the biggest model making show you have ever attended, and then multiply it by ten and some! This is only the start, as the show is really a huge 'talking shop' for anything plastic model or model making based. If you are looking for a particular model in a particular scale or want that very special 'must-have' tool - then this is the place for you.

I joined the IPMS earlier this year and this allows free entry to the show, four model making magazines and free entry - a real no brain-er and something I should have done a long time ago.

Hopefully. I'll see you there, but in an exhibition this large and with thousands of visitors, you may miss me.

If you are able to get to Telford for either of the days - I guarantee that you will enjoy it. If you can't get there - look out for updates here.

Tony

1 comment:

Silver Whistle said...

A great blog Tony. Likewise, I still think of myself as a Milford Haven 'Fish Head' even though I have been living in the land of the Saxons for longer than I can remember. Had many a good night in Top Rank, Swansea.