Friday 30 May 2008

Sopwith Camel F1

This particular model is a 1/72nd scale Sopwith Camel F1 from ACADEMY. It was bought for me by my wife after I commented that as a young boy I had modelled a similar aicraft. The kit is built almost straight-from-the-box, with only a few additions. It is painted with acrylics and mounted on a 'charity shop' lid.



It was a great weekend modelling project that actually took closer to three weeks to complete due to poor fit and excess flash, but I am pleased with the result. I had planned on adding rigging, but in the end left it un-rigged for simplicity.

The coloufull scheme is a mixture of kit decals and hand painting, following the box artwork.

Tony

2 comments:

babisabl said...

great work here..you seem to be a pro in modelling..

hard_rock_dj said...

Whatincredible detail, well done sir! I too have this exact model and was looking for paint scheme ideas when I found your site from a google search. Now I know how to paint my plane, thanks so much :)