Sunday 4 May 2008

Flash Gordon - Beetleman

This particular miniature is either a D&D CMG figure or a HEROCLIX. The miniature was damaged when I purchased it, the lower right arm (as you look at the figure) was missing and one of the first things I did was remove it from its base. In addition the axe head was added and the lower left arm was pinned. I then re-modelled the broken arm and mounted the figure on a piece of cork and then a 40mm round base.


Painting followed the usual procedure for these plastic based miniatures; a base coat of PVA glue and then undercoating with acrylic paint and PVA glue, before blocking in the main colours.

Detail painting was followed by washes of Klear and paint and/or ink.

I was tempted not to show this miniature as I am not happy with the finished paint scheme - too toy like, however I am pleased with the photo.

The miniature is mounted on a 40mm round base and stands just over 40mm tall.

Tony

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the paint scheme: it seems you really like the color gray these days--the mothman, the leaper demon, the rock men, and now the Beetleman. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Tony said...

I hadn't noticed, but you are right there has been a number of grey models.

Tony

Tony said...

Your comments led to me finishing the Hooded Leader figure - see post.

Thank you for the comment as it has spured me on - but I will have to stop soon and paint a more colourful figure next.

Tony