Friday 7 November 2014

Ultramarine Terminator from Games Workshop



I am continuing to paint up miniatures that have laid un-finished on my too-do shelf. The latest is this Space Marine Terminator painted in the colours of the Ultramarines.  The actual model is the plastic Terminator model that was given away free with the Games Workshop magazine White Dwarf.

I have mounted the miniature on to two blocks of thick plastic card and built up the base with Milliput, you can also see the plastic skull that came with the miniature at the base of the rocks.

I found the banner and pole in my 'spares box' and strengthened it with some paperclip wire before cutting it to size and re-painting it.

As with all of my presentation or display GW Space Marine models, the figure was first mounted onto a plastic disc - a plastic Pog counter and then glued to a wooden plinth.


There is little to say about the painting process as the colour scheme is well known to fans of Warhammer 40K. The base was painted to represent two huge blocks of marble with both mould and rain damage. This was achieved with various washes.

I varnished the model with both Gloss and Matt varnishes before adding some ground foam vegetation.

One day, I'll get around to photographing the whole collection.


Tony

PS.
I believe that this is the first time that I have uploaded seven daily posts in seven days. In fact it's eight in eight days!

2 comments:

Gavin Syme (GBS) said...

Well done Tony. A lot of blogging and also a GW piece, that is rare. Lovely work.

GBS

Tony said...

Thanks Gavin.

Tony