Sunday, 15 January 2017

BS2017 - Hammerhead Shark - part four

The upper hull sides have been modelled from card. I find that card bends and conforms to the curved hull sides better than plastic card. I used superglue to glue these parts into place and then filled any gaps with a filler/uPVA glue mix. Once the filler was fully set, I sanded the sides with both a sanding stick and sanding pads.

The small sets of steps towards the rear of the main deck are just triangles of Pink Foam glued in place with superglue. With every addition of filler and then sanding, the hull sides and hull shape is further refined.


No comments: