Wednesday 14 November 2012

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica - the Halflings part three

Dedicated followers of fashion. The three Halflings have finally got some 'kegs'. I have used the same technique for all three, just different colours.

The base colour was laid down with two even coats, then given a highlight with a slightly lighter colour. When this was fully dry the white stripes were added by first painting in the stripes with Stonewall Grey (from Vallejo) and then highlighting with Skull White (from Games Workshop). I used a No. 2 Sable mix brush from Rosemary & Co. I have not 'washed' the trousers as I want them to be the 'spot colour' on these miniatures.


In the background 'fluff' for Pax Bochemannica it is said that particular tribes or gangs of Halflings will stick to one or maybe just two colours for their 'trews', I thought the mixed styles worked better and gives this small group of miniatures loads of character and colour.

The Boche Halflings were much easier and faster to paint than the Noman Orc Legionnaires and I look forward to painting more when the game S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica is officially launched later this year.

I will post details once I have them.

Tony

2 comments:

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I just LOVE those trousers! :o)

Rob Alderman said...

Great work Tony! Keep 'em coming!