Tuesday 27 November 2012

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax - Bochemannica - the Halflings part four

My three Halflings for the new game S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica are finished.....

.....I added the shields, the two round ones came with the miniatures, while the square one is a lid of a metal chest, I thought it added some variety.

After at least one false start the three little critters are finally varnished and based. I used Ronseal Gloss Varnish for the main protective coat and then three coats of Galleria Matt Varnish. the static grass and static grass tufts are added over uPVA glue.

The Boche Halflings are mounted on to 1p coins.


With less than a week to go before the official launch of the boxed set, I can't wait to see the reaction to the miniatures going on sale.

Here are the three Halflings individually posed to show the fantastic sculpting, well done Dave Toone.




Finally, a comparison shot of one Orc Legionnaire, facing off against a 'rabble' of three Boche Halflings.  It will be a tight call as to which side comes of worse!


For more information, go to this link. The miniatures were great fun to paint and full of character, I would recommend the set to anyone looking for something a little different and quirky.

Tony

2 comments:

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Excellent paintjobs!

maveryc said...

Thanks very much Tony for your interest and great work on these miniatures. I am glad you like our wee hardmen, I think they have a grudging admiration for you too ;)

You've brought them to life!

Mac Coxhead